Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Exotropia Update

You might remember my Post about Kyndall having Exotropia (click on the word post if you want more details).  Jim and I prayed about it and decided that before we consider surgery we would get a second opinion.  So we took her to Prosper Family Eye Care and got just that!  Dr. Stacie told us that she has exotropia in both eyes and they easily pull in and out of alignment.  However, she can correct or straighten them out on her own.  She said that if it was her daughter she would observe more and wait on surgery until she can't control it on her own.  She said that there is a chance she will always be able to control it.  So we'll just keep observing and praying for guidance:)

We did find out that she has large pupils and that is why she squints so much in the sun.  The Dr. recommended a good pair of sunglasses that are polarized and have UV protectant...so we got both girls some good ones from their office....Check out their super sassy barbie matching sunglasses:

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I LOVE the shades!! Kristi you are an amazing mother and I admire your faith!! I would be a total mess about it! I will pray for her sweet little eyes and that they will heal on their own!!

Kristi Kelly said...

Thanks Melinda! Prayers are most appreciated:) I am actually doing a biblestudy (BSF) and they are drilling it into my head to pray first, act 2nd....Gotta love it when God uses biblestudies at critical times;)

Snuzi said...

I love that quote...pray first, act 2nd. Just what I needed to hear. I am praying for Kyndall's eyes and for yours and Jim's wisdom on this.
Love you and praying!

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

I had a comment typed out and everything yesterday and my computer froze and lost it all!
First the girls look FABULOUS in their outfits and sassy sun glasses!! I think you guys are doing the right thing putting this in God's hands and praying for it to correct itself. We'll def. be praying and keeping you all in our thoughts!!!! XOXO!