Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Couple of Firsts for Both Girls!

The girls are so close in age (19 months) that fortunately they get to share a lot of "firsts" in life. For example, we introduced ribs to them for the first time a couple of weeks ago:









Man did they love 'em!! The whole slab was gone between the four of us! Smiles on everyone's faces!! I thought it was pretty cute to watch them devour them...so I shared!!!

I really felt like these 2 events went well together...because after a mess like that in you mouth you are due for a visit to the dentist. I know, I know, 4 is pushing it for the first dentist visit....I should have taken Kyndall WAY before now. But I didn't and I am taking her now so on with the story..... Kyndall was a little skeptical about everything...and of course went first. Between refusing to lay down for them to clean her teeth and spitting water at the hygentist we made it through her cleaning and fortunately the dentist (Dr. Tim from Texas Pediatric Dentistry) said she had wonderful teeth not a cavity in sight! They were really good about explaining the different tools and letting Kyndall touch them and play with them a little before they cleaned her teeth!


Next up was Avery. Isn't she lucky to have a big sister to watch and pave the way for her? First off, she got to play with Ali the Alligator (who had a full mouth of perfect teeth) and she laid right down and opened her mouth wide for the cleaning...no spitting, no crying, no putting up a fight. She just kept saying, "I do it like Kyndall". How sweet is that?

Then she got to check out Ali's teeth....it was too cute!!

Then Avery picked out a rubber dentist duckey and Kyndall picked out a super bouncy ball and after Dr. Tim told Avery her teeth were wonderful we left! Both girls did super and I really liked that practice!!


No comments: