Sunday, February 26, 2012

Valentines Day

This post is REALLY late, but I want to remember what a fun Valentine's Day we had as a family of 5!  I made the girls matching Valentine heart shirts....and Emery is the only one who would wear hers!  Oh well, go figure...maybe next time:
It is interesting trying to juggle Valentine parties and feeding a new baby (well a 3 month old baby:)  First, I fed her and we raced out the door to Avery's class party...we made it just in time to finish a bingo game and do a little "pin the lips on the heart poster". Ave loved that we came and loved showing off her little sister.  We had fun watching her have fun with her class! 

We grabbed some Valentine snacks to go so we could make it just in time for the end of Kyndall's party:

She was a great sport about us being late...She let Avery play a little bingo with her and then we watched her play "hot potato" with a heart and we all left just in time for me to get home and feed Emery again!  hah! Story of our lives right now....rush to get from one place to another and back in time to feed Emery.  Thank goodness for sweet and flexible big sisters who are IN LOVE with their little baby sister:)

As you know, my big girls and I LOVE to do crafts...so we decided to break out the ole Silhouette Cameo to make our Valentine cards this year:

Here were the supplies we bought:


I bought the strawberry box design and sized it down a little...Then, I figured out how to "print and cut" a little Valentine message, "You are "berry" sweet Valentine.  We put a strawberry candy in the middle and the girls helped me "stuff and tie" them.....They also signed their names on the back of the tag....Avery just signed "A" but she is just learning how to write her name:




We all had fun making them together and they turned out pretty cute!  Wow, it is going to be a lot of work when all 3 have Valentines to make:)  The day before Valentines Day, Jim's Aunt Sally and Aunt Peg and Uncle Bud came over for a visit with Grandpa.  We love when they come into town, and really enjoyed the time we spent with them.  Aunt Sal and Aunt Peg both helped us make some of the Valentines...thank goodness for the extra help from our "extra special" Aunts!  We love you and so glad you could come visit and meet baby Emery!!!


I wish I had gotten a good pic of all the girls with them, Bud and Grandpa...I think Grandpa did, so I'll see if I can get one up on the blog soon!!

One little brag on my husband too.....he brought all of his girls (including me) some beautiful roses, and we gave the girls some heart locket necklaces and a heart box of candy.  I love Valentine's Day, I always have, even when I didn't have a Valentine.  The best Valentine Days have been the ones with Jim and now with our girls as well.  Sometimes a day reminding you to show your love to others is a great way to celebrate your family and blessings.  I am glad we have another year until the next one, though....we need time to plan our crafty Valentine cards for next year:)

No comments: