Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lubbock Weekend Visit

For Jim's birthday this year, we went to see my parents in Lubbock. Jim got to celebrate his birthday by doing one of his favorite things ever.....we went to a Texas Tech football game. It was Tech vs. UT and the best part was that since my parents live in Lubbock we get to stay with them, they babysit, and we got a super fun night out!!! Grandparents are the greatest aren't they? To top it all off, my Dad's company, Texas Farm Bureau Insurance, sponsered the game and we got to go for free!! Woo hoo!!! First we got to spend some time visiting with my parents and Grammie and Popo. We also got to eat dinner with some good friends of theirs Sharon and Elvis. They even brought over a red tricycle for Kyndall and Avery to enjoy!! So sweet huh???Grammie and PoPo with the girls

Bits and Gram with the girls:
Grammie, me and Mom
Jim and I gearing up for the game (notice my red nails so I could spice up my guns up!)
I dragged Jim to an AXO tailgate. Got to see some of my old sorority sisters and a super sweet Alumni who does this every home game with her husband:)
It was a "red out" game where all Tech fans wore red shirts to the game...pretty fun huh!
Jim and I had to get a pic of us in the stands! I am so glad I married a Tech Alumn so we can enjoy games together and root for the same team:)

Thanks Mom and Dad for Jim's super thoughtful birthday gift and a wonderful time as always visiting with you!!


No comments: