Sunday, May 9, 2010

Yay for Mother's Day!!

Wow! Mother's Day...what a great idea whoever thought of it!! SO- MUCH- FUN to be pampered and taken care of (if you are lucky like me and married a super sweet husband, and have super sweet kiddos) for a whole day! I got to sleep in late, pick my brunch location (Cheesecake Factory), open one of the most thoughtful gifts ever (see pics below), be told Happy Mother's Day by 2 sweet girls ALL DAY LONG, and of course, have a sweet handmade card by little loves. I didn't get to spend Mother's Day with my Mother and Grandmothers, which would have been nice, but I did get to send them gifts and talk to them on the phone. I love them so much and wish I could do for them all that they have done for me, but all I can do is let them know that they mean the world to me, and I am so blessed to be able to call them Mom, Grammie, and Grammy! Here are some pics to let you know how Mother's Day weekend went around here:
I went all Martha Stewart and made a pillow with Kyndall and Avery's handprints and embroidered a message for Grammie (Mom's mom) and my Mom, and made a theraputic peppermint neck wrap (with flax seed in it...just warm it in the microwave for 30 seconds and...voila...warm and comfy) for Grammy (Dad's Mom) with handprints like the girls are hugging her when she uses it!! They got these on Friday:
On Saturday, Kyndall and Avery each gave me a bouquet of roses...Kyndall got red and Avery pink...so we mixed them up and displayed them on the dining table so everyone could see!!

Wow!! Jim...ahem the girls...outdid themselves this year. This is a 250 page book of blogposts I have made from when I started the blog in 07 to this past Christmas of 09. WOW is all I can say, what a wonderful and thoughtful gift. Just browsing through it made me smile and enjoy the fact that I have a whole book all about them to go back and read and enjoy!!!
Just a peek of the inside:


Brunch at The Cheesecake Factory!! Yummy!! And how precious is this pic of Jim and Avery!!
Me with the sweet little ones that make me a Mother!!
I must say, God has truely blessed me with beautiful, healthy, loving girls and a wonderful husband who all make my life perfect! Thank you for my Happy, Happy Mother's Day! God has also blessed me with wonderful examples of great Mothers in my life, My Mom, Grammie and Grammy, my Mother-in-law, my Mom's friends and my friends. I am so thankful for all these people who I have learned so much from!! Whether you have been in my life for a reason, season, or lifetime you have impacted me in a way that I will remember always!! Happy Mother's Day to all you ladies out there:)


No comments: