Saturday, January 23, 2010

My new sewing room!!

So I posted earlier about my wonderful husband. I am pretty proud and happy that I ended up snatching him up!! And if you ask my Grammie she'll tell you that she knew he was "the one" from the first moment she met him. I could go on and on about the amazing way he takes care of our family, but I am going to cut the bragging short and only share how great of a gift-giver he is. I really wish that I had taken a "before" pic of our office, but sadly I only have after ones. It was pretty much your every day run-of-the-mill home office/study. I had taken it over, however with my sewing obsession. I love fabrics and they were stacked everywhere...at some points you couldn't even walk through the room very easily. Jim knew how much I needed a space to organize my sewing supplies and gave me our office. Which really put him to work...he helped me refinish the furniture, move the furniture, paint the walls, hang a desk valance (explained later in this post), and put together a super set of shelves for me to organize my supplies and fabrics!! I LOVE IT....I know this is a blog about my girls, but I had to brag about my sweet hubby and show off my new room!! next post will be of the girls I promise!!!
This is the view as you walk in the door!! The walls were white (with crayon drawings on a few from the Kelly babes)...and are now a crisp, clean "Sagey" from Home Depot. Please notice the edges up top, my friend Candace came over and "cut in" the WHOLE room, just because she is sweet like that!! Also notice the desk. It used to be a rather used cherry finish and now is refinished (thanks to my sweet friend Jenny Garland who came over and spent hours helping me) in a classy black. All "junk" laying around was sorted through, boxed up, and put in proper places while all sewing, craft, and office supplies have been organized and put neatly back in the room.
You can see a good angle of the desk and where my sewing machine sits now....girly huh!! I store a few things(well more than a few) under my desk so I made a valance to cover it up! Thanks to Jenny for the great idea, Candace for a super way to install it, Intaly for the wood, and Jim for installing it after I finished sewing it!!

I had to put up a pic of "Helga" my dress form (the blue headless mannequin next to the plastic drawers that will one day be replaced) that I acquired because of a sweet friend who thought I might like one!! I can't WAIT to size her up to my measurements and make a sassy skirt or summer dress:) And now I can make some adult aprons!! Oh how fun she will be:)


These are the shelves that Jim put together for me one night while I was out. It was a surprise and a great one!! I was so excited to have places for all my things instead of piles around the room!

Now, if you have any good ideas for the blank wall behind my desk please email or comment and share!! I plan on adding slowly as I become more acquainted with my new space!! Love to you all:)


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Your craft room looks fantastic!!!! :) All that's missing is the Tech frame.