Monday, November 2, 2009

The Kelly girls' Happy Halloween!!

This Halloween has been a complete blast! I decided to go all Martha Stewart and make the girls' costumes this year and we went for a theme. I made a chef hat and apron for Kyndall so she could be a Chef (who carried around a mixing bowl to collect her candy). I made Avery a cupcake costume by making a shimmery pink top and matching hat that had "sprinkles" all over them. Kyndall told someone, "I am dee maker and Avery is my muffin dat I maked". I thought it was so cute how she was explaining the whole scenerio!! My friend Jenny and I took her 2 girls and mine to the "Scare on the Square" at the McKinney Square. It was really cool...they closed off the square from traffic and the kids went store-to-store trick or treating. We only let ours get a handful of candy and we just enjoyed the crowd and letting the girls practice for the real deal.
On Halloween, Jim took the girls around the neighborhood in their little wagon and they had a blast!! Jim is a trooper and made it pretty far around the neighborhood (I am a little bummed that I didn't get one single picture of him and the girls out and about!!). Kyndall is the BEST big sister ever. She would go up to the door, make sure Avery got some candy too and then help Avery go back to the wagon and on to the next house. It is so neat to see her love and help Avery out. And you can tell that it makes a big impact on Avery, because she just loves Kyndall right back!! Enjoy the pics that I did happen to catch of our Halloween this year!!
From left to right: Sara Paige (precious pink poodle), Kate (beautiful bumblebee), Kyndall (Sassy Chef), and Avery (Cute little cupcake)
This is just one angle of the massive crowd at the Square!

Kyndall trick-or-treating with her Chef mixing bowl!











Kyndall's hat...





















No comments: